English 70 Lesson Last Day
1. Complete Feedback Forms
2. Handout Class anthology.
b. Madeleine and Linda
3. Return of Essays, if you haven’t received them already:
a. First week of Summer Quarter.
b. Available in the English Department—Ask Kelley
4. Grades due Next Friday, posted online under schedule that day
5. You can sign up for 75, but you may be dropped. Have a back up plan.
6. My schedule: Summer 75x2; Fall 101x2, Creative Writing; Winter 102x2 and American Literature 1945-Present; Spring 95x2, Prism
7. Also, you can ask anytime, about anything.
8. You can say hi to me on campus. Say your name and I’ll say mine.
9. You can say hi to each other.
10. Andy Blevins, college drop out.
a. One in there Americans in their mid-twenties attended but did not finish college.
b. Only 41 percent of low-income students entering a four year college managed to graduate within five years. (66% of high income did).
c. 75 percent of students enrolling in community colleges said they hoped to transfer to a four year institution. But only 17 percent of those who had entered in the mid-1990’s made the switch within five year. The rest were out working or still studying toward the two year degree.
11. Your story has to be different.
12. As you walk, you cut open and create that riverbed into which the stream of your descendants shall enter and flow." --Nikos Kanzantzakis
Now you can do this.