English 70 Lesson Plan Day 30
- Quiz tomorrow on Run-ons, Fragments and Death
- Sentence Fluency Handout
- Conventions H/O
- Why care about Conventions?
- Attention to them shows you’ve put some care into your thoughts.
- Screw ups can cause confusion.
i. “I love the smell of my boyfriend’s cologne.”
- But first
- The Basic Sentence
1. Person, place thing that the sentence is about.
iii. Complete Thought
1. 294 practice 3
- Run ons
- Where are the pauses? Long/Short?
- Read it aloud.
- Listen to your breath
ii. Comma splice
1. Review practice 1, 2, 7, Chapter Review 1-4
2. Your essays
i. Lacking a subject, verb or complete thought
1. Read 296-298
2. Do practice 1, 7, 9
3. Chapter Review 1-4
Read ITMFWG 297-316 (second half of “Death” chapter)