Strangers/Family Peer Review Worksheet
1.What do you like best about this paper? What words, phrases, sentences, or paragraphs really stand out for you?
- In what ways has the writer shown you this person/photograph? Physical description? Short stories? Dialogue?
- What is still hard to picture about this person/photograph?
- How is or was this person/photograph important to the writer? Where does the writer show this, or how can this writer do more to show this?
5.List the 3 best verbs (words that show action—sprinted, gulped, glanced).
- List the 3 best nouns, adjectives (describe nouns) or adverbs (describes verbs, look for -ly words)
7.List three verbs that could be use some zip. (said—could be accused, whispered)
- list three nouns that could be more specific. (Car—could be rusty Celica, new H3)
9.How would you describe the personality of this paper? (funny, happy, smart-assed, serious, wise etc)
- What risks did the writer take? Use the broad definition of risk: Did they try to make you laugh, did they reveal something about themselves, did they offer a controversial view, did they reach for a big idea?