Tuesday, May 04, 2010

English 70 Lesson Plan Day 24 Spring 2010

Complete peer editing?

Did you have discussions with each writer? It was very quiet yesterday.

Look for verbs of being:

am, is, are, was, were, have, has, had, be, being, been

and could, would.

And got.

Ex:

We would walk together

They would run over to us

My cousins and I were walking along the street

I had finally made my decision and joined

I got in my care and started to go.

We got into Chicago around 1230

It was early in the morning so I wasn't very social. I was just starring like a clueless kid.

I could hear the breeze of the blue gym doors open.

All I could think about was going insides

Keep the verb tense simple, but the verbs lively.

A sample essay?

Rubric/Grading

Questions to ask yourself

What's the easiest way to write this sentence? (Sometimes it helps to answer this question by trying it out loud. How would you say it to someone?)