English 70 Lesson Plan 16
1. Hand in homework on dictionary definitions.
2. Bonus points this week:
b. Poetry Reading: Allied Arts Thursday 7pm
c. Oak Hollow Gallery, Friday, 7 pm.
3. Hand back quizzes with a note about reading load.
4. Hand back capital letters homework and review.
5. Vague Words: Practice 2 in class.
6. Slang: Practice 3 in class.
7. Wordy Language and clichés as homework: Practice 4 and 5.
8. Strangers in ITMFWG:
a. Vote for favorites.
b. Read aloud.
• Look for word choice—lively verbs, specific modifiers/adverbs/adjectives
• Which writer would you like to meet?
• Which writer takes the biggest risk?
• Which writer has the most style?
9. For Friday: Bring a family photo to write about (maybe 2).