English 70 Lesson Plan 6
1. Library Bonus Points?
2. By the end of the class, I want to have one good paragraph from everyone.
3. Review Writing Process
• We are working specifically on NARROWED TOPIC + IDEA ABOUT IT
• and ORGANIZATION (intros, conclusions, transitions, logical order).
Four Questions to ask of your topic
1. Does it interest me?
2. Can I say something about it?
3. Is it specific?
1. What is the main point?
5. Write your theme statement on the board.
• Single Main Point, stated in a sentence.
• Not too broad or narrow.
• Not a simple fact.
• Not watered down with I think, I hope, In this paper I will.
6. Narration (page 78)
• Read aloud the example paragraph.
• Questions 1-5.
7. Guided Practice: Narration as a class.
8. Guided Outline 1 and 2.
9. For your own paragraph:
• First Event
• Second Event
• Third Event
11. Checklist (81).
12. The next step is to take this paragraph and expand each event into a paragraph with topic sentences, primary support and secondary details, concluding sentence.
13. Homework: Chapter 7 (Do Practice 1-8 and Chapter Review)
Rough Draft Due Monday. 2-3 pages double spaced. Bring 4 copies.